Exploration program expected to extend into fall with data becoming available by the early fall
Bald Eagle Gold Corp. (TSXV:BIG) recently announced receipt of the final assays for the 2021 drill program on the Hot Springs Joint Venture in Nevada. Their results together with Bald Eagle’s previously reported results demonstrated the presence of significant gold mineralization at the Property.
Bald Eagle Gold Corp. is a junior mining company focused on the exploration and development of advanced exploration assets in known gold districts in the Americas. Mr. Sidney Himmel, Bald Eagle Gold Corp’s President, CEO and Director, commented:
“Intercepting gold in each of the holes of the initial program has confirmed gold potential at Hot Springs. The next steps will be further ground geology to further define the surface footprint and improve geologic modeling of the gold system. This work will help focus subsequent drilling for the best chances of significant discovery.”
Nevada is a highly prolific internationally recognized gold district (accounted for 83% of total United States gold production in 2018 and produced 5.3% of the world’s gold that year) and contains BIG’s Hot Springs Property. Hot Springs is located at the intersection of the Battle Mountain and Getchell-Comstock Gold Trends.
There are numerous historical and current producing mines in the region, including:
- Hecla’s Midas and Fire Creek Mines
- Newmont’s Twin Creeks Mine
- Barrick/Newmont’s Getchell and Turquoise Ridge mines
In addition, BIG announced the initiation of a summer exploration program. This program includes:
- A dedicated program of geologic and alteration mapping over the current Dutch Flats Prospect area with outward extension covering much of the Property.
- Rock sample database generation to improve surface geological detail including aerial extent.
- Additional geochemical soil sampling to verify and expand data substantially beyond the Dutch flats prospect area. The area to be sampled is 3,000 meters by 3,000 meters.
- Expansion of the initial IP geophysical survey in order to identify and extend anomalous zones. The expansion work includes an additional 8 lines, each 3.8 kilometers long with coverage of 2.4 kilometers in a North-South direction, including the original three lines of IP.
- Further geophysics using Hybrid Source Audio Magnetotellurics surveying to identify geologic structures.
This summer’s exploration program is expected to extend into the fall with data becoming available by the early fall. Additional RC and Core Drilling, based upon current drilling and IP results, are in the permitting process and anticipated to begin in the fourth quarter.
In conclusion, with gold being confirmed by their most recently released assays, we feel that Bald Eagle Gold Corp. is definitely a company to watch. Will their summer exploration program uncover a mammoth gold discovery that will change the course of history? Only time will tell, but either way we’re anxiously awaiting the results that should be coming this fall!
For more news and information on Bald Eagle Gold Corp. and other exciting mining companies, subscribe to our free email newsletter.